Sunday, November 22, 2009

the 7 habits of highly effective people - part 11

Habit 4: Think Win/Win
I have entered into Interdependence!  The seven habits move from dependence, which is about private victory, to independence, once you have mastered private victory, and arrives at interdependence, public victory.

This chapter, like all the chapters, covers many concepts, one of them being the Emotional Bank Account.  This can apply to any type of relationship.  It is an analogy to an actual bank account and considers deposits and withdrawals.  There are six major deposits:

1.  Understanding the individual
2.  Attending to the LITTLE THINGS.  I couldn't help myself in capitalizing this because I felt like it needed further emphasis for anyone who may be reading my blog.
3. Keeping commitments
4. Clarifying expectations
5. Showing personal integrity
6. Apologizing sincerely when you make a withdrawal

Oh the world would be such a happier place if we all did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments or questions as reading for me stimulates the mind more than anything.

Twitter