Monday, November 2, 2009

the mission defined

My mission is to read all of the unread books on my bookshelf in one year and of course to blog about my thoughts, critiques and experiences as the year progresses. I have become inundated with the untapped knowledge sitting on my bookshelf, so enough is enough, it is time to tap in! Just think how much smarter I will be in one year? Okay that was a joke but it is true.

I completed my reading list last night. There were more unread books strewn around my apartment than I thought; 21 unread, 3 half read and 4 action. Actions books are the books that I actually have to be an active participant in - the author and I shall become real close! He or she will be teaching me a new skill. For example, I would like to enhance my creative side so what better way than to awaken the right side of my brain. Or is it the left? I bought a drawing book, and not just one, and they are mocking me from my shelf. Very scary.

here's the schedule:

amount to read
There are a total of 28 books to read in 12 months, this is about 2.5 books a month! Is this reasonable? I'll find out at the end of the year.

reading times
Weekdays: Two hours each evening & half an hour to blog
Weekends: 10 hours each weekend & 2 hours to blog

start date: November 2, 2009
end date: November 2, 2010

let the mission begin!

1 comment:

  1. well i wish you luck on this journey..i have to admit that I don't see anyone reading 10 hours on the weekend unless they have nothing else going on in their life, but go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments or questions as reading for me stimulates the mind more than anything.

Twitter