Sunday, April 25, 2010

understanding stocks

I am reading the chapter that talks about investment strategies to make money s-l-o-w-l-y.  It includes brief explanations of types of strategies - a plan that helps you determine what stocks to buy or sell.  I think I may have discovered my investment style - but really at the end of the day it is trial and error to know what works for your lifestyle in practical terms. And, as we know, there are no guarantees of making money through the stock market.

One of the strategies is "Buy and Hold", simply meaning that if you buy stock in a fundamentally sound company and hold if for the long term, you will realize a profit. This strategy seems to have worked pretty well for Warren Buffet, one of the most successful 20th Century buy and hold investors!!!

Next chapter - how to make money fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments or questions as reading for me stimulates the mind more than anything.

Twitter