Sunday, April 11, 2010

the count of monte cristo - quote

Page 923:

Some of the quotes that I post are because the articulation of the point that is being made is so concise and precise that I don't want to forget the message.

Here is one such quote.  Caderousse (again, one of the conspirators that caused the Count's wrongful imprisonment) is begging the Count to stay quiet to spare his life (yet again):

Count:

"Do you think that, in order to ensure a living for wretches like you, I should become a party to their deception and an accomplice to their crime?"

Next time, say this to someone who's values are depraved and they are asking for your help (you may have to tweak it just a little).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments or questions as reading for me stimulates the mind more than anything.

Twitter