Wednesday, May 5, 2010

understanding stocks

CANSLIM

This is an acronym for the characteristics of picking winning stocks! Created by William O'Neil, here is what it stands for:

C: current quarterly earnings per share
A: annual earnings increase
N: new products, new managements, new highs
S: supply and demand
L: leader or laggard
I: institutional sponsorship
M: market direction

Are your stocks CANSLIM?  And yes, there is an explanation of each one of these attributes, so if you have any questions, just ask!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I ma finding your comments and what you are learning from this introductory book to stocks very inviting. I would love to borrow it from you when you complete your reading.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage comments or questions as reading for me stimulates the mind more than anything.

Twitter